Sunday 31 May 2020

Review of I've Got Your Number by Sophie Kinsella

I've Got Your Number: Amazon.co.uk: Kinsella, Sophie ...

I've Got Your Number by Sophie Kinsella

This novel by Sophie Kinsella novel has had a second release after it first arrived on book shelf in 2020. The main character in this novel is Poppy Wyaat and the opening scene involves her frantically looking for her engagement ring. This would not be a crisis for her if this had been a standard ring, however her ring had been in her fiance family for over three generations. She wouldn't normally be in a panic however her fiance parents are returning for Chicago.

Poppy couldn't be any luckier and in a better place in her life, she is about to marry her fiance Magnus Tavish however her dream life is beginning to fall apart. Not only has she lost her engagement ring she has also had her mobile phone stolen....Who has it? She then finds a discarded mobile phone and thinks the old childhood saying finders keeps and passes the number to the hotel staff to call her when they find her ring. 

However the owner of this mobile phone does not agree with this saying and Sam Roxton wants his back and doesn't appreciate that Poppy is going thorugh his private life. This is a story of a love triangle that Poppy is stuck in - she is set to marry Magnus and she has strong feelings for Sam.

I love Sophie Kinsella and her female heroines so much. In this story i can relate to Poppy. I know that if my phone had been stolen and a piece of jewellery had gone missing I would be acting just like Poppy. I found my self agreeing with the steps that she has taken and also helping someone in need. But by helping Sam she is putting her relationship with Magnus in jeopardy and would put everything on the line. She made me laugh and cry with this book as is my typical emotional reactions to her writing. I love that Sophie has included footnotes in this novel to further explain what is happening in the story, giving up snapshots of backgrounds.

I can not wait to see what other novels come in the future.