Saturday 23 May 2020

Review of Lolita by Valdimir Nabokov



The hype of being one of the books which every reader should read - I don't know how I feel about it. The book follows Humbert Humbert a know scholar and  romantic.

The first 10 chapters help to build Humbert character and explains the reason for the choices he make in his life. He has a number of flings and when she rents from his landlord her daughter strikes him and being wonderful. As she is growing up we get glimpses of the family model, the only problem is Lolita Haze is 12. As she is growing Humbert beginnings to become obsessive with her. On of his tactics is to marry her mother and he whisks her away on an adventure.

I am not a fan of this books, however at least I can say that I have read it. For me the subject of this novel is a trigger for me so this is a book that I wouldn't recommend to anybody.