Saturday 17 October 2020

Review of Alone (The Girl In The Box #1) by Robert J. Crane



This book opens with Sienna Nealon. Sienna is a 17 year old girl who has been held prisoner in her own house by her mother for over 12 years. However one day her mother suddenly vanished and Sienna woke up to find that her once safe home was invaded by 2 strange men. Men who seemed to know everything about her. Sienna then goes on the run and during this time she is unsure of who she can turn to as the only human interaction she has ever had is with her mother. She also finds that she has procession of some mysterious powers and find that she is the target of a shadowy agency call the Directorate and is being hunted by one vicious, bloodthirsty psychopath named Wolfe. Wolfe is determined to capture her and she fine out that he is not the only one who is after her ....

I found this a wonderful coming of age novel which gave me the right amount of mystery which held me captivated for all 166 pages. I love the way that we learned about the Meta human world as the main character of the story. This book had the right amount of character building and world building while concussively gave us enough of the back story which help me fall in love with the world. I am already in love with Sienna and can not wait to see how she develops in the next few books.  I think this is an excellent book which introduces the reader to the Fantasy genre and have already suggested this to several of my friends who have enjoyed this equally as much as me 

To get your copy of this book - click on the following link: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Alone